Friday, June 11, 2010

So this morning I woke up and had a small freakout closely followed by a lengthy dance party. I’ll tell you why.

In exactly one week from today I will be in approximately hour 12 of a 20 hour flight here:image image image photos from this amazing photographer and world traveler.

At this point I am beyond excited to go – and just want to be there. I don’t want to have to go through the next week of stress re: packing, obsessing over last minute travel plans, getting my affairs in order etc. Leaving the country for a month and a half leaves a lot of loose ends that need to be tied up – not fun, I can assure you.

I am going home tomorrow to spend a few days with my family before I fly out so I have TONS of things to do here today and tomorrow before I head home. I have lists everywhere and my mind is craziness. I’ll be blogging right up until I leave and hopefully even updating from India.

Talk soon. J

Speaking of 20 hour plane rides – I am currently in the process of restocking Mr. Ipod for the trip. Any suggestions will be welcomed here.

9 comments:

  1. i left a handful of bands for you on twitter last night : ) a nice little list

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo sooo jealous... in a good way! a friend of mine just got back and she loved it and I know you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! you're so blessed! and lucky! and excited! this is great. i'm so happy for you and not at all jealous.. :)
    ps, those photos are amazing.

    as far as mr. ipod (who i love, btw), i can't make any suggestions to you.. that would be like trying to buy a present for the person who has everything.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy India! I hope you deal with the culture shock ok, I'm sure it will be bitter sweet at times, but it will all be an experience. I just blogged about some music I'm in love with right now: http://curlywiggles.blogspot.com/2010/06/lovely-music.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! What will you be doing there?

    India is one of my dreams! Along with Ethiopia.

    As far as playlists go... Lissie. Lots of Lissie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your trip is everything you want it to be! Bon Voyage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sounds like a fun trip I want to go!

    As for tunes - I've been really enjoying Maldives, The trews, and Florence and the Machine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Florence and the Machine, Cold War Kids, Matt&Kim, I don't know if you will like any of that but check them out anyways (: Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. India is amazing .. hope you enjoy it .. I sure did

    ReplyDelete