Thursday, January 21, 2010

i’ve been thinking.

imagevia Elsie

I’ve been thinking a lot about painting lately. I’ve often described it as my first love. It is what I did all throughout high school for art class and whenever I needed to do something creative before I ever started scrapbooking or blogging or anything else really crafty. I have been missing it a lot lately and one of my goals this year is to start painting a bit more (a reasonable amount considering my school schedule and other hobbies haha) and really developing my style. Here are some artists whose style I really love.

image Sophie Blackallimage Ashley Gimage Amanda Blakeimage Ellohimage Tuesday Mourningimage Kate Pugsley3321009833_dd0563ef2a_bRachelleah%20horse bartholomew Leah BartholomewimageGemma6a00d8358081ff69e20120a565de2e970c-800wi Obvii!! (elsie)

For fun, and/or nostalgic purposes here are two pictures that I have of paintings I did in high school.

100_1416000_0681The first one is a copy of Millet’s the Gleaners that I did in grade 11 and the second one is one that I did for fun for an art auction we did in grade 12.  I don’t have many pictures of paintings that I did throughout highschool, and I really haven’t done any since. The only thing that I have done recently was this album art for a mixed CD I made for my friend Vanessa.P9036104 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Dear painting, I miss you and I love you. Lets have a regular dates shall we?

Love,

your old friend Jeremy.

xoxo

Ps. I love you

image via WeHeartIt

5 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you last night!! Hope you can join in more of our chats :) Paintings are gorgeous btw :)
    xoxo,
    Lindsay
    P.S. New Follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your paintings from high school are absolutely wonderful!


    let us know how your future painting goes :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paintings from HS are pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're SUPER talented! Can't wait to see you soon-to-be work
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are an amazing painter. i can't wait to see what else you make.

    ReplyDelete