Monday, May 31, 2010

whirlwind weekend

ever have weekends that go by so fast they seem like a blur. i am coming off one of those weekends. a weekend in which my cousin got married and i got to spend a few hours with one of my best friends who was visiting from out west. if i didn’t have pictures, i wouldn’t even be sure that the weekend actually happened.

the weather for the wedding was literally perfect. i don’t think they could have asked for a better day. the ceremony and reception were really lovely. it was a perfect, small (less than 100 people – just the way i like my weddings) wedding.

here are a few of my faves from the wedding. P5296678 P5296703 P5296693the groom is my cousin ben and the lovely bride is his wife jenn. the middle picture is my aunt and uncle, cousins and their husbands & wives. the last one is my brother who thought it would be a fantastic idea to take a picture with a pinecone (which by the way were in great abundance at the church) – little did i know it would become probably my favourite picture of the day.

for the record, it felt amazing, to have a camera in my hands. my point and shoot died months ago and since then i’ve been getting by (taking occasional pictures of day to day things and using it to photograph various projects i’ve completed) on my very first digital which i got like 7 or 8 years ago. the thing is gigantic, and the settings wheel sticks so sometimes it doesn’t turn on. i must admit however, it does take a pretty good picture.

aaanyways, it was really nice to have a camera in my hands again. and it reminds me that i MUST get one before i leave for my trip. if you are getting rid of a camera, or you know someone who is let me know and hopefully we can work something out. i’m looking to get a reasonably priced, possibly even used DSLR so if you know where i can find one let me know.

jer

ps i love you

this is my cousins baby at the reception. how cute is he? (that says a lot because i don’t really like babies that much. ok, at all)

No comments:

Post a Comment