Monday, July 13, 2009

A Few Things

1- I am/have been working like a madperson. This is good for the bank account, and the student loans/credit cards that I have to pay down before school starts again in the fall. This is not so good for the personal life. Sunday I worked 6-2 then went back in that night to work 10-6. From 6am on Sunday to 6am on Monday I worked 16 hours and slept for 2. Just for your info.

2-This is the layout I made for the Such Sweet Tierney DT this month. I seriously love London’s chipboard buttons and this project I made this month was so fun to make. I am totally inspired by Dina Wakley lately – and spray inks are my go to craft supply right now.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I used some of the buttons as masks for the glimmer mist – and just sprayed right over them. It worked better than I could have expected actually. Then I just went around the edges of the masked buttons with my black american crafts pen.

3 – I am soooo unbelievable excited about this. Enough said.

4 – I have been journaling a bit lately. I go through phases where I do it all the time and then another period of time where I may pick up my journal once a week. This is something that I am learning to accept. I used to feel like I needed to journal everyday or I might as well not do it at all – but that is just not how I work. Peeks soon? I think so.

5 – Ok that is not enough said about number 3. When Harry Potter first came out I tried to get into but just couldn’t. I then ended up being one of those “Ha! You read Harry Potter? Loser” Bullies. I never said that to anyone’s face, but I thought it. Fast forward to the end of grade 12. I needed something to read for the summer so I decided to pick up good ‘ol HP again. I was instantly hooked. What a difference a few years can make. I now have all of the books, plus all of the movies. I am definitely a fan and proud of it.

6 – Re: 5

I have a dilemma, I am currently in the exact middle of The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards which took me a long time to get into, but I am finally getting into it and quite enjoying it. However I hear everyone reading Harry Potter and I want to so badly. Lets be serious, it won’t take me long at all to fly through it and refresh my memory – but I’m afraid I won’t be able to get back into The Memory Keepers Daughter. We’ll see what I decide.

7 – Re: 3

I saw Transformers like 2 weeks ago. But before they showed the trailer for Harry Potter. It was the first time I had seen the whole thing, I had seen bits and pieces of it but hadn’t seen the whole thing. In the past I have been disappointed with the movies compared to the books (still love them though) but you have to admit, they make it look so good in the trailers.


8 – Re: 3, 5, 6, 7

Speaking of movies there are so many I want to see this summer. Unfortunately the budget does not allow for me to go to a bunch of movies. So I’ll just have to stay away from reviews (I hate reviews – I would MUCH rather go into the movie with no expectations) and wait till they are released to DVD. Here are a few.

This one. This one. This one. This one. This one. This one. This one. Plus more that I can’t think of right now.

9 – I’m so sorry this post has turned into a post about Harry Potter. Actually, I’m not sorry its about Harry Potter. I’m sorry you had to read through it if you don’t care about it.

10- Ummmm how gorgeous are these illustrations by Jennifer Busking.

colleen

live

denim4

fd15

howl

Insta-faves.

OK. I have to work tomorrow at 6. So soon I will be heading to bed. But not before I watch an episode of 24 (sooooo good btw) (my parents don’t have tv so we just watch tv on dvd here when we need to watch something) and I make my lunch.

i looooove you.

PS. not just any ps. this is a HUUUGE PS

KERI SMITH. as in THE KERI SMITH of wreck this journal and how to be an explorer of the world. . . THAT KERI SMITH, left a comment on my blog!!!! WHAAAT?!?!?! soooooo shocked/humbled/honoured. thaaaank you!! [check it here]

2 comments:

  1. okay,
    1. i love you new layout. seriously, it's gorgeous, and i might have to scrap-lift. hope you don't mind :]
    2. i am with you on the journaling. sometimes i write everyday, and then i don't write for two weeks. i feel like writing in a journal is a whole hobby in itself, like scrapbooking, crocheting, etc. and i have a million and one hobbies so i try to journal as much as i can, but sometimes that doesn't always happen as often as i'd like it to.
    3. i am totally one of those “Ha! You read Harry Potter? Loser” Bullies. although, i'm not mean about it or anything, i just refuse to join the HP cult. mainly because i know i'll get obsessed, and i don't think i'm ready for it yet.
    4. i also reeeally want to see up, the hangover, and away we go. and i've just recently gotten addicted to the tv show freaks and geeks, and judd apatow just produced a new movie called funny people (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1jjqKFYaY) that i must see now.
    5. sooo jealous of your keri smith comment.
    6. wow, this comment could have been a blog post in itself. thanks for reading :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok.
    I have been on a masking and inking and spray painting kick myslef lately--such a SAWEET idea to use the buttons as a mask!
    I'm afraid I am the sole human who is not into the whole HP thing... sorry! But glad you and the other millions of people across the world are excited ;D

    ReplyDelete