Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankfulness.

So I am busy living the busy life of a university student and am finding that I seem to have less and less time for myself. This is especially true as midterms are imminent (aka start monday). But amidst all the busyness of academia I have just had (nearly a week ago) the most amazing thanksgiving weekend ever.

Number one, I love fall and fall is out in full swing here. The leaves are turning, the sun is hot in the day, the breeze is cool, the temperature is perfect for jeans and a jacket and a scarf but the sun is still shining, and the nights are cold and perfect for sleeping. The weather this weekend was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and I was reminded constantly of why fall is my favorite season.
My family is amazing. On Saturday I was having dinner with my family and I had a smile on my face the whole time. I love them and whenever we get together I am always reminded of this but in between our gatherings I seem to lose sight of how much of a blessing they truly are. Me and my cousins (and even my uncle) had so much fun go-karting around in the afternoon sun. It was an awesome time. I have a lot of favorite pictures from the day but this is definitely one of them.


If the weekend wasn't good enough I come back to school and I am reminded today of how amazing my friends are here when I sign onto facebook today this is what I find. (view it larger)


So I am off to bed for the night, but I have a smile on my face. Class tomorrow and then a weekend full of studying for midterms next week should be fun. But I have these little things to keep me going :)

xoxo Jer

Ps. I shot some new family pictures of my immediate family this weekend. It was my first time taking "charge" of a shoot and I think (cross my fingers) the final results turned out well. I haven't even had a chance to look at them and edit them let alone upload any of them to the internet so when I do get a chance to do that I will be sure to share.

Pps. Also I have posted my How To column over at The Everyday Scrapper for two weeks now so go on over and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment